Premature ejaculation is the most common male sexual problem, occurring in 30 to 40% of adult men. It can affect men in all age groups, in a certain period of life. It is important in these situations that the best sexologist in Delhi build a good relationship with the user so that he can have “openness” and confidence to talk about his problems and accordingly suggests premature ejaculation treatment in Delhi.
What is premature ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation is the persistent or recurrent occurrence of ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation, occurring before or shortly after penetration and before the person desires it (usually less than 1 to 3 minutes). That is, it is an ejaculation that occurs in an “early or faster” way than what is desired by man.
The meaning of premature ejaculation, which presupposes an early or premature ejaculation phenomenon, must be distinguished from male sexual impotence or even inability to ejaculate, also known as an ejaculation or retrograde ejaculation.
Moreover, male premature ejaculation is a problem that affects up to 20 to 30% of men and can appear at all ages. It can be subdivided into:
Primary or lifelong premature ejaculation – appears from the beginning of sexual activity and manifests itself in all or almost all sexual intercourses; present in about 25% of premature ejaculation cases.
Secondary Premature Ejaculation – It appears in a specific period of the person’s sexual life, assuming a previous normal ejaculatory experience. Present in about 75% of premature ejaculation cases.
Other forms of premature ejaculation, not recognized as pathologies (diseases) but as variations of normal, are:
Variable natural premature ejaculation – when present occasionally and in certain sexual relations or with certain sexual partners; it is not considered pathological but just a normal variation of the man’s ejaculation time.
Subjective premature ejaculation – men who report having premature ejaculation given what they wanted their sexual performance to be, although they have times until ejaculation is considered normal.
Premature Ejaculation – Causes
The most common causes of premature ejaculation are:
- Psychological causes – in this context we can include some diseases such as depression and anxiety disorders, or other more frequent conditions such as nervousness and sexual performance anxiety;
- Stress and tiredness;
- Relationship/interpersonal problems and female sexual dysfunction (men’s tendency to abbreviate intercourse if the female partner has pain or discomfort during intercourse);
- Erectile dysfunction (erections of short duration or with little rigidity make the man want to quickly reach orgasm and ejaculation);
- Suspension of certain drugs or taking recreational drugs;
- Prostatitis or hyperthyroidism.
Age may be an indicator of the underlying cause: in young people, premature ejaculation is more often associated with performance anxiety problems, which stimulates the nervous system and lowers the excitatory threshold. In the elderly, it appears more frequently in the context of certain diseases such as inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis), erectile dysfunction, hyperthyroidism, and depression.
However, acquired ejaculation of organic cause is more common in older patient and with several simultaneous pathologies such as obesity, hypertension (high blood pressure), and diabetes mellitus.
Premature ejaculation – signs and symptoms
When evaluating a man with premature ejaculation, it is important to assess his state of mind, day-to-day fatigue/stress, and his family life.
The most common signs and symptoms depend on the underlying cause of premature ejaculation. In this way, we can be faced with multiple signs such as:
- Erections of short duration or little rigidity;
- Insomnia, bad mood, stress, and tiredness;
- Weight loss and tremors;
- Partner sexual dysfunction, such as pain during intercourse (dyspareunia);
- Chronic pelvic pain;
- Recurrent urinary infections ;
- Loss of sexual desire, among others…
Read more: Premature Ejaculation: Causes, Symptoms, Prevention & Treatment
Diagnosis of premature ejaculation
As the definition states, the diagnosis of premature ejaculation presupposes the persistent existence of a short period of time from the beginning of penile stimulation to the moment of ejaculation (generally less than 1 to 3 minutes), with an inability of the self to be able to “hold” it.
Besides, delaying ejaculation that causes negative personal consequences such as frustration, stress, or avoidance of sexual activity. The diagnosis and study of premature ejaculation are usually performed by a sexologist.
There are some laboratory tests designed to study the underlying cause of this pathology such as tests of testosterone, thyroid hormones, blood glucose, lipid record, etc.
Further, some imaging tests may also be necessary, such as prostatic ultrasound (of the prostate) in certain cases, among others that the doctor deems necessary.
Men who suffer from premature ejaculation should not have any shame in looking for a sexologist, in order to institute a premature ejaculation treatment in Delhi. Currently, the treatments available make it possible to effectively treat a large majority of cases, as we will see in greater detail below.
Premature ejaculation and orgasm
The male orgasm corresponds to our brain’s processing of the sensory stimuli detected by the pelvic nerves in view of the increased pressure on the urethra that occurs during ejaculation. Thus, the fact that ejaculation occurs prematurely may not interfere much with the man’s orgasmic sensation.
However, the man’s dissatisfaction or frustration with his rapid sexual performance can condition psychological trauma and high levels of anxiety, decreasing the probability of a cure and giving rise to the avoidance of sexual activity or erectile dysfunction.
Premature ejaculation and pregnancy
Premature ejaculation, while not prevented, can decrease the ability to become pregnant. Ejaculation that occurs outside the vagina or at the vaginal introitus (the entrance to the vagina) is understandably less likely to lead to pregnancy. On the other hand, the probability of becoming pregnant seems to be greater in sexual relations that are in states of arousal and natural lubrication favorable to the migration and union of the sperm to the egg.
Complications of Premature Ejaculation
The most serious complications of premature ejaculation are related to the pre-coital state of stress, frustration, and anxiety that arise in men. In severe cases, it can even lead to erectile dysfunction, withdrawal from sexual activity, and states of depression.
Is premature ejaculation curable?
The likelihood of a permanent cure varies with the underlying cause. When there is an organic pathology (disease) responsible for premature ejaculation such as prostatitis, hyperthyroidism, and erectile dysfunction. Nonetheless, the treatment of this cause usually leads to the resolution of premature ejaculation.
In cases arising from inter-relationship problems in the couple or psychological problems such as anxiety, stress, frustration, or depression, the treatment may be slower and require several sessions of sexual psychotherapy.
There are several therapeutic techniques, namely in the field of psychotherapy, with different levels of effectiveness. Find out below how to treat premature ejaculation.
Premature ejaculation treatment in Delhi
The treatment of premature ejaculation aims to control or delay ejaculation, that is, through therapeutic solutions that allow prolonging and making the sexual act more satisfying (taking longer until ejaculation is reached).
Before resorting to medication or psychotherapy, some techniques should be tried to prevent premature ejaculation:
- “Start and stop” exercises – taking breaks or temporarily suspending (seconds to minutes) sexual activity at times of heightened arousal;
- Previous masturbation – it can have a good result, fundamentally, in young patients, with good erectile function and a short refractory period (short time to obtain an erection after ejaculation);
- Exerting pressure on the glans in the moments before ejaculation – triggers a physiological reflex that inhibits the sensation of pleasure and decreases the probability of ejaculation;
- Mental distraction exercises – encouraging non-erotic thoughts in the moments before the sensation of imminent ejaculation – examples: making a shopping list, planning the next day, etc.
- Penis sensitivity can also be reduced with the use of a condom or topical anesthetic cream (lidocaine-prilocaine). When using the ointment or gel applied to the penis, it is necessary to let it absorb before sexual intercourse or to use a condom to prevent the passage of anesthetic to the partner. Although the time to ejaculation is prolonged, a significant percentage of men experienced less pleasure (penile numbness) or loss of erection.
Medications to treat premature ejaculation
In the premature ejaculation treatment in Delhi, some oral medications (or remedies) can be used (in tablets), namely:
- Dapoxetine is the drug most commonly used in premature ejaculation, with an indication to be used “on demand” (when necessary) before sexual intercourse.
- Other drugs such as Paroxetine can also be used for this purpose, daily or SOS, although they need greater medical surveillance.
- Phosphodiesterase inhibitors, such as sildenafil citrate or simply sildenafil, are useful in patients with associated erectile dysfunction.
The use of psychotherapy or behavioral therapy can also be very important in premature ejaculation treatment in Delhi. All patients should receive psychosexual education: explain the pathology, and its frequency, dispel myths, reassure, and break down barriers to intimacy. According to the Best Sexologist in Delhi Dr. PK Gupta, specific psychosexual therapy directed at phobias, sexual disorders, changes in interpersonal relationships, anxiety disorders, depression, etc. is necessary.
Natural Premature ejaculation treatment in Delhi
Using herbs, tea or other natural products can be dangerous if not recommended by your doctor. Many of the products sold on the “black market” or on Internet sites as “miracle pills” or sublingual sprays are of very dubious origin and can seriously compromise your health, and can even cause serious illness and, at the limit, cause death.
The best treatment or home remedy is to prevent and modify one’s lifestyle to improve one’s vascular function (for example, not smoking, being careful with food, maintaining an ideal body weight, exercising on a regular basis, combating stress, etc.).
Read More: Best Natural Ways For Men To Improve Sexual Performance
Moreover, the patient should not, under any circumstances, self-medicate, under penalty of worsening the problem and even putting his own life at risk. He must take the medication described above or any other medication prescribed by the doctor, always according to the medical prescription, and end the therapy only when indicated.
Choose Dr. PK Gupta for Premature ejaculation treatment
According to Dr. PK Gupta, It cannot be said too much that the different therapeutic techniques can help to resolve more than 80 to 90% of cases of premature ejaculation. In this sense, it is very important that the patient does not have any kind of shame in looking for a doctor, in order to diagnose the problem and institute a treatment plan for his case.
Also Read: Premature Ejaculation: Causes And Treatment