Loss of libido is known in the health field as hypoactive sexual desire. This problem is more common than you think. It occurs in both women and men and is the main cause of most consultations with sexologist doctors.
Find out more about the loss of libido and available low-sex desire treatment on this page, we hope, will answer your questions.
Types of libido loss
First of all, it is important to mention something that not many people know, and that is that loss of libido can occur in several well-differentiated ways:
- Lack of primary desire: it occurs when there is no capacity to have sexual fantasies or few behaviors with a sexual purpose.
- Secondary lack of desire: sudden loss of libido, with low or no frequency of erections.
- General lack of desire: this would be the case of asexual people, who do not feel sexual desire for anyone.
- Situational lack of desire: in this case, the person normally feels sexual desire but it happens that in a specific situation or with a specific person (their partner, for example), they are not capable of feeling that desire. This form is very common and usually occurs in isolation.
Likewise, the inability to feel sexual desire should not be confused with the difficulty or inability to reach orgasm (anorgasmia).
In any of the four cases, it is always advisable to visit a specialist doctor or a professional in sexology who can distinguish between the possible causes of this loss of desire, which could be caused by different physical and/or psychological factors.
To remedy this problem, the first thing the specialist needs to know is if your low libido is generalized (secondary) or if it is a specific problem with your partner (situational).
In general, if after two weeks of inactivity, your libido has not increased, it could be said that there is a problem with hypoactive sexual desire. According to a Top Sexologist In Delhi, in couples who have been together for a long time, this usually happens quite frequently, but it does not mean that the relationship has stopped working, but rather that the dynamics in the intimate life of the couple have to be changed.
Normally, these are the psychological factors that influence the loss of desire :
- Phobias or negative ideas about sexual activity
- traumatic experiences
- Cultural or religious ideas
- Eating disorder diseases
- Problems in couple relationships
- boredom and routine
- work stress
- Emotional sequelae due to sexual dysfunction
Problem is physical
Here are the most common physical causes of a low libido problem :
- Diseases such as fibromyalgia or diabetes can cause a drop in libido.
- Hormone deficiency. Mainly the drop in testosterone, which is the hormone of sexual desire. When testosterone drops, our libido drops sharply.
- Hormonal changes. Menopause in women, and andropause in men.
- Physical and psychological changes that occur in women after childbirth
- Cardiovascular problems
- Bad nutrition
- Side effects of some medications
- Depression, or psychological problems
- sexual pathologies
How can libido be increased?
Although our main advice is that you consult a specialized doctor for low-sex desire treatment in Delhi, we also provide you with other types of recommendations that usually help in the recovery of low libido:
- Try to sleep at least 7 hours, exercise, and eat well.
- Make sure that there is no psychological problem that is blocking you, in which case, perhaps you should see a specialist.
- Disconnect from work and work stress when you are at home.
- Get out of the routine: travel, go to a hotel to spend the weekend, etc.
- Try to have moments of intimacy with your partner on a daily basis, just for the sheer pleasure of enjoying their company.
- And above all, consult a sex specialist if your problem is hormonal. If you have a low testosterone level, testosterone replacement therapy can help.
Why do have low libido?
Before talking about low libido and its reasons, it is necessary to start from the basis that it is completely normal and natural for libido to fluctuate up and down depending on what stage of life or our relationship we are in.
The Treatment You May Like To See: Priapus Shot (PRP) For ED
However, if we notice that periods of lack of sexual desire are prolonged over time, even endangering the relationship, we should be concerned.
Medicines in Low Libido
Today, there are numerous medications that can interfere with your sexual life. Pay attention to the following list to know if the cause of your low libido is this:
- SSRI antidepressants
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Marihuana medicinal
- anti-seizure medications
- Beta blockers
Sexual dysfunction disorders
When we talk about sexual dysfunction disorders, we are actually referring to a wide range of symptoms, disorders, and diseases of a sexual nature that can be both physical and psychological and that often manifest themselves at the same time and feed each other.
For example; It is very likely that a man who experiences pain (caused by an STD or an injury) during intercourse will experience a marked lack of libido over time, as he associates the act with the sensation of discomfort.
The Treatment You May Like To See: Erectile Dysfunction
The Treatment You May Like To See: Premature Ejaculation
And vice versa: it is also common for a man with a physical or hormonal problem of erectile dysfunction to have a low libido since he associates the act with the feeling of failure.
Among physical disorders, the most frequent are:
- erectile dysfunction
- premature ejaculation
- Other erection problems
Among the most frequent psychological problems, we find:
- Low self-esteem
- depressive pictures
- emotional blocks
- Difficulty feeling arousal
Likewise, there is another condition that usually leads to low libido; andropause (a set of physical and psychological phenomena that occur in men from the age of 40).
Libido Diseases & Causes
One of the diseases that most influences the state of libido is diabetes. Diabetic men can have erection and ejaculation problems, and they are up to three times more likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction than non-diabetics.
The damage that diabetes causes to the soft tissue of the genital muscles can hinder their normal function. In addition, diabetes causes damage to the capillaries, which increases the difficulty of achieving a normal erection.
Other diseases that cause low libido are cardiovascular and, of course, cancerous processes.
Keep an eye out for these symptoms so that medical professionals can anticipate and fix the problem before it becomes something bigger.
How to overcome the lack of libido?
For low sex desire treatment in Delhi, the only 100% recommended option is to go to a specialist doctor. Only in this way can the origin of the problem be determined and, therefore, a real and effective solution be assigned over time.
At Dr. P K Gupta Super Specialty Clinic, we do not treat symptoms as in other medical centers. We look for what is causing these symptoms, we study the origin of the problem, and we treat it to put an end to it and its triggers.